Thursday, July 16, 2009

Off to the Northwest...

So, we're heading to Seattle tomorrow...I'm meeting Pinky's parents and brother Jordan and his wife Kirsten in the next few days and then his sister and her family in Portland on Wednesday. What fun places they all live in! I'm very excited to see Portland and to visit Seattle again. It's been a long time since I've been up to that area and I love the landscape up there SO much.

I've always heard Portland was a very artsy community. I plan on checking that scene out while we're there and hopefully stopping by a few knit shops here and there. I will have to find something for Pinky to do while I peruse the Pacific Northwest yarn shops :) I bet they have plenty of breweries or pubs to see and I KNOW there are a million bazillion coffee shops.

Stash and Burn has a Seattle episode from last year when Jenny visited the city and went to a variety of yarn shops. I hope I get to see at least one or two. I'm emailing myself all the addresses so I can hopefully pop in one if we're near it. I REALLY want to visit Churchmouse Yarns & Teas on Bainbridge Island. I have a friend who lives there part of the year, so I'm wanting to meet her out there and visit the lovely shop. Check out the site, it looks beautiful.

I'll update on our trip and our finds. I'm sure I'll be taking lots of photos. Stay tuned!!! xoxo

No comments: