Saturday, July 4, 2009

New photography tricks


ishbel shawl
Originally uploaded by elletrain
So, I got a quick lesson in taking beautiful knitting pics from Pinky the other day. I showed him Jared Flood's pictures on brooklyntweed.blogspot.com and asked how he got that beautiful glow and detail in his knitting photography. So, I'm still working on how to arrange my knitting to get the best out of it, but at least I have some higher quality pictures of my work now.

It's really fun to be able to use Pinky's lovely fancy camera to take these shots. I've been just using my iPhone, which is super convenient because I can email my photos directly to Flickr, BUT it sure is nice to have some proper photos up now. Thanks for boyfriends who are photographers and have shmancy cameras!

I'm excited to get better at taking these and hope to do a nice photo shoot to catalogue all of my yarn someday, too. It would be so lovely to have beautiful pictures of all the yarn in my stash up on Ravelry, so when I need to find something to knit, I have a great record of what I have. It's all in various boxes in my craft room right now and hard to see without having to pull out a lot of items. I put it on my To Do list just now!

On another note, Happy 4th of July to everyone. I hope you have friends and family to celebrate this lovely day with. We truly are so blessed to live in a country where we're allowed to thrive and grow and develop our interests and hobbies. I can't imagine a life without crafting and knitting. I know there are places where people don't have the luxury to do such things. Thanks to our founding fathers, our veterans, and our troops and our fellow citizens for making life in this country so rich and full. Now for fireworks!!!

No comments: