Friday, July 10, 2009

a few fun things


So, it's been a good Friday so far and I can feel the creative juices starting to flow. I'm about to work on a fun website design for my friend Amy Foster. I designed her author site and now we are doing a second project. She is writing a series of really cool books set in a town called Avening. It's going to be really fun! I'll keep you posted. I'm going to have to break out some illustrating, so I'm excited.

Also, I ran across this instructional page today in the CRAFT Magazine blog. It's on how to wind a center pull ball of yarn. I am lucky enough to have gotten a ball winder from my dear friend Liberty, but sometimes you're out of town or too lazy to walk upstairs and setup the winder (guilty as charged). This is an easy way to have a much nicer experience when knitting with yarn you have to wind. www.ariadneknits.com

This weekend should be fun. We're celebrating our friend Jane's birthday this evening in a fun, low-key manner and tomorrow our friends' son Luke is also having a birthday celebration. I'm so sad to say though that my lovely dear friends Hunter and Terrah are moving tomorrow though. They are the sweetest and I will miss them to death. At least they are only moving to Memphis, which is not too bad, but right now they live just down the street! I'm excited for their new journey, but sad to see them go. Love you guys!

Also, I'd love to give a shout-out to my friend Jill on her blog Just Dandy. She was sweet to mention me recently. Check out her very cool blog on craftiness. She's lovely! Have a great weekend!

No comments: