Friday, May 6, 2011

My next project

Happy Friday! Today included a trip to my LYS, Bliss Yarns, for their monthly double-stamp day. It's the first Friday of every month and you get 2 stamps for every $20 spent, instead of 1! Fun!

So, we're heading to the beach next weekend (yay!!) and I needed a good project to work on. I decided upon this lovely for our new home (wherever it may be!! Still searching for rentals in Portland).

 Isn't it great! I am making it in the same color as they've used here (of course, it's my favorite!) I have quite a few vases and accessories that will tie this color in to the rest of whatever room I put it in. The pattern is from Classic Elite Yarns Spring 2011 book called "Home Sweet Home." The pattern is Lacy Valance and calls for 3 skeins of their Firefly linen blend yarn. I'm excited to do this because I've always wanted to make a knitted or crocheted curtain for my home. With the yarn being a blend of linen it will be a good beach knitting project. Lightweight and not too heavy or too large of an item.

What are you knitting this spring? I'd love to know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did a great job.I appreciate your work.Thanks for sharing this nice post.
Business Logo Design