Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Finished hat & new knitting classes on the eastside!

So, January's here and apparently there's no time to sit around and reminisce about last year. Things are going strong already! I've had some time to finish a few projects I started last year. This is the first one, a lovely hat from Purl Bee. I used Koigu and Rowan Kidsilk Haze for mine. It fits great and looks fun, on that is. Looks funny just sitting there, huh?

Also, exciting news! I'm going to be teaching knitting classes at Pied Piper in East Nashville!! Jenny at Pied Piper replied on the listserve and is graciously letting us use the shop for classes. There's a ton of interest on this side of town, so I'm super excited about it! Hope it goes well. Here are the dates so far for the classes:

Basic Knitting Class - January 15 & 22, 6-8pm
Basic Crochet Class - February 5 & 12, 6-8pm
Basic Hat Class - February 11 & 18, 6-8pm

Not only do we get to expand the knitting community in the East, but we get to eat ice cream the whole time! Sweet! So much for any early year weight loss in '09...oh well! Happy Knitting :)

1 comment:

Jill Ann said...

Will you add me to your list of reminders - I really want to attend 1/22 and Beginning Crochet please.

jill.mongene@comcast.net