Friday, February 11, 2011

Leaving Mexico and a fun new knitting technique



Well, in 2 hours we leave this beautiful place for the airport. What a wonderful winter vacation it has been. I am so fortunate to have family who LOVES Mexico. What an incredibly gorgeous place with delicious food and kind people. I am always sad to go! I sure am excited to see my Mattie-girl though and to get back to get some stuff done. Lace*Paper*Flowers has a bridal show coming up in March, so I've got to get back and get to work! I need to make a book for my sample invitations/paper goods and we need to gather items for our table displays. It'll be a fun exciting show, I hope! It's at the Factory in Franklin, TN which is a really cool, interesting location. (Not a random, nasty-carpeted convention center, yay!) I'm looking forward to seeing what happens from the show and whether we get some additional brides to work with. 




In knitting news, I just found a tutorial through Ravelry that teaches the double knitting technique. I've always been curious about this and sort of had an idea of how it worked, but I've never seen it explained this clearly. It really makes me want to try it! Heidi Bears does a lovely job of explaining it on her blog.
I've looked up a couple of patterns that use the double knitting technique. Here is a really interesting folk style blanket and below, a cute elephant pot holder. Double knitting makes a great scarf as well that is double sided, always a plus for a scarf. 



I hope you'll try the technique, too! I think it looks like the tricky part is just holding onto both yarns and getting a good rhythm of going back and forth between knitting and purling. A simple two color scarf or potholder would be good to start with to get the feel for it before trying the color work, but it would be easy to jump into these lovely designs after that. Good luck and Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

AKRAEES said...

Very very nice post and very great INFORMATION . This blog is very intresting and INformative . keep it up dud!!!!!! very nice work visit my bloges alsoo pleas
www.itbirds.blogspot.com
www.ray-gemstones.blogspot.com

china clay teapot said...

pot should be different depending on your daily use
If a person drinks alone, then there is no doubt that it is the choice of small capacity of the sketch pot, sitting alone, enjoy themselves
If you want to drink tea China Purple Clay Teapotwith friends of two or three, you can choose a medium pot (about 200ccl to 300cc)
If there are more peopleYixing Purple Clay Teapot Set, the pot will also come in handy. Therefore, when considering the capacity, Purple Clay Teapot With Infuserthink about whether you drink more tea alone or witHandmade Ceramic Teapoth your friends. In this way, you can choose the correct capacity
There is another point is the different habits of the region, like fujian coastal there are kung fu tea culture, generally to the majority of the sketch quantity, and in the northeast of the inland is more to medium quantity
How to make purple sand pot
During the firing process of the purple sand pot, there are REDOX reactions and physical and chemical changes. After the firCheap Ceramic Teapotsing of the purple sand pot, the mud material has undergone qualitative chanAuthentic Purple Clay Teapotges and even the molecular structure is differe