Sunday, March 15, 2009

New cardigan


New cardigan
Originally uploaded by elletrain
So, I've been in a bit of a knitting slump lately...it was suggested that I take a break from it for a while and I kind of have. My solution this time was to grab a few Rowan books, a few other books, and a few knitting magazines and sit on the porch on a lovely Friday afternoon. I wanted to knit something seasonally appropriate. I have an alpaca sweater I started designing, but it's just not getting me in the mood for spring.

After much deliberating, I decided upon a cotton eyelet cardigan from Rowan. Surprisingly, I haven't knitted much from Rowan even though I subscribe to the magazine. So, I found a lovely bright blue cotton yarn (Tahki Cotton Classic) in my stash. I think it will be a nice simple sweater pattern to work with...it's knit in pieces, not in the round. I think this is best for cotton, personally, because the seams will give it more stability and keep it from losing it's shape too much.

I'm having fun working on it, though I'm only half way through the left front and it's already been a week. I've realized I shouldn't pressure myself when my knitting isn't as fast as I'd like it to be or when I'm not knitting as often as I think I should. I tend to feel guilty for not finishing something quickly...but then, I have to remind myself...this is supposed to be fun, right? :)

No comments: